Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Update

Weekends in the Jones family are usually always busy! This weekend was no exception.


Many weeks ago I signed us up to walk with the Rogers family in the March of Dimes walk. I thought, "Hey! What a great way to encourage me to get in the habit of walking!" I knew I would have to "train" for the event for you see it was a 4.2 mile walk. Now referring to the previous post, I am the most nonathletic person you all know. So weeks have gone by and only a walk (or 2) and here we are on Saturday at 7:30 a.m. It was raining. (A sign from God as I take it!) But Joe had a feeling the rain clouds would break and he must have had more faith than me (or just a glutten for punishment!) It did stop about 20 minutes before the walk began. So we walked (well the kids rode in the double strollers!!!) and we walked, and we walked some more. Never in my life have I been so proud of a little purple sticker -
On Sunday, Abs got baptized! We really tried to make it an exciting time for her. What a special day, Papa was the one actually doing the dunkin' and I got to help. Abs was excited because she was the only girl (what a funny thing to think about!!) All the kids did an excellent job! I think it speaks volumes of the parents of our church to think about all the children who have come to salvation with their parents at home. It makes me feel like we are doing something right! Here are some pics (courtsey of Tammy How.)
I hope your weekends are also filled with family fun and exciting times!!

6 comments:

Erik and Angela Green said...

I am glad you made it through!! Erik and I were waiting on standby in case you called to come pick you up! LOL Abigail was precious Sunday!! (Even though she told Erik what she was not wearing...lol)

Tamara Chastain said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend.

Cyndi Lou said...

The pictures are beautiful!! We have some more to give you. Those that Tammy How got are GREAT! We are so proud of Abigail!!

We had SUCH A GREAT day on Saturday, except for the fact that we can't walk right, yet! Thank you SO MUCH for sticking it out with us and walking the ENTIRE 4.2 miles!! You are the best!!

We love you Jones Family!

Love,

The Rogers Family

Brad and Shana said...

Those pictures of Abigail are precious. Tammy How got some of the same shots for me, and Cyndi also got a couple too. I'm waiting on those before I do my baptism post.....but it's coming. I think its really special that Ronnie got to do her baptism, she'll never forget that. What a special bond!!

We're proud of you guys for walking and supporting such a great cause.

Brad and Shana said...

P.S. - I love all your new pictures along your side bar. You got some really good shots of the family......too cute.

Maddie said...

We are sooo excited for you Abigail! What an awesome day!