Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Challenge......

As a preview for Sunday School in the month of May - Earl is going to be teaching from a book entitled, "Lies Women Believe." Today in staff meeting he was previewing how the book could really be for men as well as women and that is the basis of his class. (So my plug is, beginning in one week, try to attend!!)

Lisa was talking about the website and how awesome the book is. There is now a book entitled, "Lies Young Women Believe." This book contains info pertaining to younger girls.

Now on to my challenge. Tonight I was looking at the website. (Ihave a feed on our blog!) I came across a 30 day challenge - the husband encouragement challenge. I am now enrolled!!

So for my first "assignment",I can't say anything negative to or about Wade for 30 days.(Pray for me....LOL) And, I have to say nice encouragements to Wade as well to others. What an opportunity I have!

Wade is truly a great husband & dad. He is my protector and my safe place. I can be exactly what I am (which isn't always so great) and he loves me unconditionally. I am so thankful for the man God has put into my life. I know God gave me the desires of my heart when He gave me Wade.
Wade - I love you more every day. "You complete me!" (How cheezie..lol) Words can't begin to describe how much I love and appreciate you and all you do!!

OK - to all.....If you feel brave you can join me. Otherwise, I may need some cheerleaders (j/k).


Love to my wonderful, amazing husband!!

6 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Ok, hesitantly, I am in...but I'm not telling Ken...I want to see if he notices it first...well, I don't want to be nabbed when I mess up either, LOL. Deep breath, okay, I can do this.
Love ya,
Terri

Tamara Chastain said...

I am cheering you on girl.

Nancy Suits said...

You go girl. I know that you can do it and if you should mess up, well hey, just don't tell any of us!!! (ha,ha)
Praying for you,
Nancy

Cyndi Lou said...

OK....

I am trying to decide if I am 'in like Flynn' or cheering you on from the sidelines!! I will research the site and pray tonight and tomorrow and then I will let you know my verdict. But, I will be like Terri and I will not tell Joe about it. I will see if he notices it first. GREAT idea Terri!

Anyway, that last part is ONLY if I feel like I need to join you! Tamara, you crack me up with your 'I am cheering you on girl!'

Love ya Jennifer!

Cyndi

Klingbeil Family said...

I went through this book a couple years ago with a friend and it is full of wonderful information. I'll have to dig it out from under 'the pile' and review it again.
It changed my perspective on speaking negative things about Kurt. Those things we say about others and our husbands - even when we are alone - do manifest themselves in our relationships.
So to all - I would encourage the challenge. It is difficult - no man, or woman for that matter, is without flaws. But it is those challenges we put on ourselves that make us stronger!
Did that sound 'preachy?' I hope not!!
M.

jonesfamily said...

Preach on sister!!! Hallelujah!!! (LOL)

I would love to borrow the book if you don't mind???