Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Abs is traded........

Well it's official we are sports parents. I somehow never thought this would be me. I am the most nonathletic person you all know, (it's true...you don't have to pretend otherwise). So last night we were at practice with our little girl's softball league and it was not so good (this is as nice as I can say it). In 45 minutes the coach let three little girls bat. He stood there and threw balls at them....no explanation of what to do, not a thing. (Remember these kids have never played ball before.)

SSSSOOO, Wade asked why we had a phone call on Sunday evening from a guy about another team. I said I had no clue that I told him we were already playing and thus ended the conversation. I thought last night (at this pitiful practice) that my loving husband was going to take Abs bat and hit me with it!

Well long story shortened, Abs is now on a new team. We are now proud parents of the Peanut - Dalton Little League. Our team is the Storm and there are 5 of Abs friends from our preschool class last year.

I learned something about myself through all of this. T-ball is not just a fun game (kinda sad isn't it??)Abs really wants to play ball and I found myself telling Wade "This is not just a fun activity....we are looking for good foundations for the long haul....!!!" I am now an official sports parent. You know the kind, the one's that push for their kid at all costs!

Abs has been (in the words of my avid baseball fan brother-in-law, Erik, "moved up from the farm team to the majors!"

Our first practice was supposed to be this evening but they have canceled due to the weather, so stay tuned later in the week for pics of our new team!!!

7 comments:

Cyndi Lou said...

Dear Jenn,

As you already know, I learned today that I, TOO, am a SPORTS parent pushing for my children at all costs- 4 or 5 phone calls later! :)

Good luck with the new team! I am sure it will be a HUGE improvement over the previous practice!

Love you,

Cyndi

Erik and Angela Green said...

Way to go Abs!! Next comes a shoe endorsement! LOL!

jonesfamily said...

what kinda shoes....with abs it would have to be flip-flops!!

Brad and Shana said...

I've already blogged about how crazy I become during T-Ball....I think thats our job as parents........and I just happen to take it very seriously.

I hope she enjoys her new team!!

Shana

Unknown said...

Welcome to our lives!! Baseball is insane - that's why I love it!! Brodie is playing for two teams at the moment - AGGHHHH!!!

Cheer her on like CRAZY - let her know you are in the stands!

Love you guys!
Steph

Tamara Chastain said...

Good luck with the new team. "Get'cha head in the game"! Tamara

Maddie said...

Good luck on the new team! Can't wait to come watch!