Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Random Thoughts...

Ok so I have several things to say and you all know my brain works best in a numbered kinda way so......

1. The summer is going by WAY to fast!! I can't believe my little Abs is going to kindergarten in a couple of weeks. I am getting a little anxious about this but as Wade keeps telling me, "Everybody feels this way when their first one goes!"

2. I am completely overwhelmed by God! He is so awesome and I love seeing Him work out things. As most all of you know, I was honored (more than words) to work this past Tres Dias weekend and my sister, Angela attended. All I can say is - "WOW GOD!!"

3. We are in the middle of music camp this week at EMC and the kids are doing such a great job! They sound beautiful and I can't wait for you all to hear them on Sunday morning!

4. I have just faced one of my biggest fears....LOL....Most all of you know that I do not like to drive but today I went to pick up Brodie & Taylor for Brenda. I had to drive up Monteagle to Manchester (it's the 1/2 point!!) On the way home the entire trip was severe thunderstorms. Wind, pounding rain, lightening, the whole shabang.....But I made it!!! YEAH ME!!!!...LOL

5. Wade is out of town until Thursday night. He left this morning for a science teacher convention in Atlanta. I already miss him so much - I truly enjoy being with my hubby!! I feel like we have had no real time together in weeks - so next week (it's his b-day on Tuesday) I feel a date night coming on! And let me say it is much overdue!!

I hope all of you are having a great summer too!!
Lots of love!!!

3 comments:

Erik and Angela Green said...

Hey big sis, I would just like to say to your #2 thank you for praying me on that bus! God changed my life and allowed you to be there for me! I love you!!
Ang

Bridenstine4 said...

True, true, true......Where is she starting Kindergarten? My niece will be going to Brookwood. I told her mom to take a cotton ball for the tears and when it was full, no more tears. I'm not a fan of driving in weather conditions either, yeah for you, I'd have had to be rescued! I remember going to see Maddie in East Ridge when she was born and it was pouring. I was in a tiny little car and frightened to pieces. Sorry Wade is gone. I can assure you that you are having lots more fun than he if he is at an education convention. Poor Wade, and Poor You--I know you miss him though.

Brad and Shana said...

I'm right there with you on the Kindergarten thing. Bryce is pumped and ready to go, but when I really think about it, I get little knots in my stomach. We've got his school supplies, backpack, and lunch box..........I guess there's nothing left to do but drop him off and secretley shed some tears.

So very glad that you got to experience working a TD weekend, and especially the one that your sister got to go through.......special, life changing times!!

Sorry we missed Music Camp, but the beach was worth it. We were beat this morning, and tomorrow morning I have to get my allergy shots. We'll catch it next year. I hope it is going well. I've heard good things!

Shana