Monday, June 9, 2008

Mama Gets Baptized...

Wade's grandmother (aka....Mama) has made a big decision in her life. I will let Brenda share the story with you all!!

Dear Friends,


I wanted to share about the great blessing my family and I were able to be apart of. My precious 78 year old mother was baptized today at the little church she attends in the basement of the building she lives in at Winton Place. Let me start at the beginning.


About a year ago the Lord led a sweet, country pastor and his wife (Don & Cindy Barry) to minister to this small group of people. They have any where from 15 to 6 any given Sunday. At the time this began my Mom (Aileen Wills) was having some very serious health issues. The doctors had put her on medications for so many problems and she only got worse because of reactions. One of her friends finally convinced her to come to church with her. Mother has always listened to sermons on TV, but this Sunday she gave in to attend services.


This was 7 months ago and now she is off most of her medication. Three weeks ago she called on Sunday afternoon to tell me she is joining the church. My response was WONDERFUL, then she precedes to tell me she will be baptized. At first I was worried that they had told her she would have to do this to join their church. Sooo we have a discuss on what had taken place. She assured me that the invitation was given, she went down, the preacher ask her some questions and she answered. To that response I said “so you gave your heart to Jesus” and she said “WELL YES”.


So today (yesterday) we all witnessed my Mother seal her eternal destination. Mother had gone down as a young girl, but over the years she has watched as friends have come and gone and was questioning her salvation. Many have left in an ambulance to never return. Because of this precious little group my Mom is secure in her walk and is in the Word everyday with joy I have never seen.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

Thanks for letting me share.

Love you all,
Brenda

7 comments:

MBJones said...

I can only imagine the party they had in heaven over "Mama" this weekend! What a blessing. Thanks for sharing.

MB

Bridenstine4 said...

Absolutely awesome. I'd give anything to see my grandmother, who lives where Aileen lives, do the same thing. Aileen is such a great lady and I'm glad she did this.

Brad and Shana said...

What an awesome testimony!!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

THAT IS TOO COOL!!! I'm always amazed at who God places in people's lives. My own g-mother lived there for a while before she went to be with Jesus. I'm not sure they had church there when she lived there. She's probably jumping for joy that they are up in heaven right now. She would've eaten that up.

Jenny said...

Wow, that is so awesome! What a great testimony this is for so many people. God's definitely still at work in our world today!

Cyndi Lou said...

What a beautiful story! I am so happy for "Mama"!! I could hear Brenda's precious voice as I read her story. Thank you for sharing this with us and allowing us to be a part of such an awesome celebration! Mary Beth is right- Heaven had one party this weekend over "Mama".

Love you,

Cyndi

Maddie said...

That is just precious! Thank you for letting us celebrate with you!