Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Week in Hodge Podge....


In order for me not to ramble on, I figured I could organize better in a numbered post!!


1. Lily had a well check this morning. She weighs a huge 21 pounds! The doctor was happy because she has gained almost 2 pounds in 6 weeks!! This is a great praise!!!

2. On Saturday, we had a BBQ with my sisters. I would like to give props to Wade for cleaning the yard & porch. He also bought me a beautiful hanging basket. I love him very much (more about that later...LOL) Abs & Lexi played in the sprinkler. They had lots of freezing fun!!

3.. On Memorial Day we had a cook-out with my Dad & sisters. The cousins all got to play together. I have included some pics of the family event!!








4. I am so excited! I got a call to work the next Tres Dias weekend. Hopefully, my sister (Angela ) will be attending so I am so happy. The call came out of the sky because I normallly I would never have the time to take on something else of this magnitude, but God in His great timing worked this out perfectly. Props to God!!!
(Special thanks to Wade because I know this means extra work for him. I am so thankful for a husband who supports me!!)

5. For all my happiness, I am also reminded by the events of SCC, Angie & Todd Smith, and now Greg & Nicol Sponberg of the fleeting moments we have with our children. I can't imagine being in their lives. I know that prayer is the only healing that can possibly begin to comfort these parents and families. Looking at all of these tragedies makes me want to hug my girls and keep in mind the small details (which I focus on way too much) is not the truly important stuff.

So this is my week in hodge podge (numbered for my ADD...LOL)!!

Hope you all are having a great week!!!

3 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Go Lily! Go Abs! Go Wade(wow, i want a hanging basket)! and Go Jenn! You will absolutely adore working TD. I'm excited for you. A lot of work, but a lot of reward. Believe it or not working is just as meaningful and great as going through. People pay money to serve others...go figure.

I also am so much in agreement with you about the recent tragedies around us. I, like you, have wanted to be less picky and more lovey towards all my babes. I've tried to remember to pray for them each time they are on my heart. Please pray for the Sponberg's friends Tyson and Renae Griffin. They and their families are currently staying with Tyson and Renae. They do not feel as if they can go back in their house right now. Renae also has a very new (less than 12 weeks)baby. This whole ordeal has been really difficult for her because she and Nicol are so close. They practically had these babies right together.
Terri

Brad and Shana said...

Love the post......Praise & Props to God for everything. So glad to hear Lily is doing better and getting bigger. And so very excited for you to get to work a TD weekend. I know it will be a blessing to you. We will be praying that Angie can go through this weekend.

Maddie said...

Yea for everyone!! I am sooo excited that you got "the call"! It really is a huge blessing to work. I love how God does that. You go to pour yourself out, and He fills you up in the process.